ITS Installation Engineer EU
Department: Field Services
Position: ITS Installation Engineer EU
Job #: EU-IIE0619
International Road Dynamics Inc. (IRD) is a Canadian multi-disciplinary Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company with the expertise to develop integrated technical solutions to solve unique and challenging transportation problems.
Established 1980, IRD has been recognized as a world leader in the design, development, and deployment of customized technology solutions for the ITS industry.? Today, IRD offers a growing portfolio of related services and solutions, bringing new technology to transportation planning, operations and management.
This position is based out of IRD’s European office, IRD Belgium in Louvain-la-Neuve.
This position is responsible for the successful installation of IRD ITS systems, including reviewing system designs, BOM’s, test plans results, etc.? The ITS Installation Engineer will make recommendations for improved installation guidelines, as well as provide technical support during installations.? Additional support tasks include creating diagnostics tools, developing technical training material and assuming a leading role on special or more advanced projects as required. Additional responsibilities include providing assistance to the EU sales manager with technical aspects of proposals, mainly outside the installation season
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to Corporate safety and quality policies.
- Review and accept systems designs in accordance with project specifications.
- Create, review, observe and/or complete system test plans and FATs to ensure that designed systems meet project and installation team requirements prior to installation.
- Develop diagnostic tools, both s/w and h/w, to aid in the installation and maintenance of systems.
- Provide remote support for Technical Support Services.
- Create, provide and review technical training for both internal and external purposes.
- Develop and deploy integration and test tool programs to be utilized by the installation team.
- Responsible to provide guidance to field personnel during new installations, ensuring compliance with technical and safety requirements.
- Installation and integration of new and replacement equipment.
- Integration of the roadside electronics, specialized testing, initial calibration, and set-up of parameters through software menus.
- Accurate and detailed record keeping of installation service work in IRD’s format on-site record and electronically (using a web-based service ticket reporting tool), including digital photographs and measurements from the in-road sensors.
- Verification of calibration of the electronics and in-road sensors.
- Supervise and assist Project Manager with coordinating subcontractors’ or customer’s work during installations, repairs and re-installations of IRD products.
- Perform field testing and troubleshooting of integrated systems.
- Supervise subcontractors to ensure installations, repairs and service are performed in accordance with IRD standards.
- Maintain client relations by communicating with and training customers on the use and maintenance of systems, equipment and software.
- Respond to any faults found at any of the sites, while meeting the timelines defined in the contracts.
- Post-installation drawing and specification reviews for site compliance verifications and corrections may be required.
- May be required to train/certify IRD staff and clients on proper installation and maintenance practices related to IRD supplied equipment.
- Assist EU sales manager with technical and sales proposals outside of installation season.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven technical ability using software programs and test equipment such as Multimeters, LCR Meters, Meggers, and Scope Meters to diagnose and repair sensors and equipment malfunctions.
- Excellent work record of self-motivation, judgment, productivity, and safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and other European languages.
- Customer service, time management, and project coordination.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of software and hardware applications in a Linux/Unix, DOS & Microsoft Windows based environment.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot Networking equipment, Routers, Switches, Fiber.
- Must be able to trouble shoot electronics to the board level, component level troubleshooting is an asset.
- Use hand tools such as crimping pliers, screwdrivers, soldering irons, and wrenches.
- Knowledge or experience using heavier construction equipment an asset, Road Saw, Air Compressor, Jack Hammer, Back Hoe, etc.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather with extreme temperatures, wind, noise, dirt, and other hazards.
- Strong understanding of sales strategies and tactics.
- Key account management skills to identify and define future customer needs and market direction.
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills to present and maintain records of all relevant information and assistance to the EU sales manager with sales forecasts, short-term/long-term growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Engineering Technology.
- Experience in Engineering/Technical Field related work is an asset.
- Construction background would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain/possess a valid passport and be able to travel throughout Europe and North America (USA and Canada).
- A valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment.
Please indicate position ‘EU-IIE0619’in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.